Sunday, January 22, 2012
My maternity leave has come to an end! I was blessed with 14 weeks at home with the kids, but I officially started back to work on January 2nd. The kids have been home with family for now and will be starting daycare at the end of the month. I enjoyed my time home but I also love my job...so starting back to work was bitter sweet! Here's a picture of Ava Kate and I on my first day back....
I can't believe you are already 3 months old and I'll be going back to work soon! Time is just flying by!
Ava Kate at 3 months....
Things you're doing now....
- You weigh 12.2 lbs and are wearing size 1 diapers
- You are finally wearing 0-3 month clothes, which means you're finally getting to wear some of those cute outfits that we got before you were born
- You're still not really on a schedule, but you tend to wake up around 7:30/8:00 to eat and then tay awake for a while before taking a morning nap. That is about the only predicable thing about your day! Ha!
- You're taking more bottles, do mommy is able to leave for longer periods. You drink about 4 oz at a time.
- We've tired ALOT of different sleeping arrangements and you are now sleeping in a co-sleeper in mommy and daddy's room.
- You weren't a big fan of being swaddled, so we've modified it a bit....you are now swaddled with a light blanket with your hands by your face and your feet free
- You're still waking up around 2 times per night. You always want to nurse, but I'm beginning to think that you nurse to go back to sleep rather than to fill your belly. You're usually only awake for about 10-15 minutes and then go back to sleep for 2-3 hours before waking again
- You've become a much happier baby. Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas you just flipped a switch and went from crying ALOT to being content except for when you are hungry.
- You've also started smiling all the time!
- You love to lay flat on your back! You're favorite place to lay is on your changing table. We haven't figured out why, but you absolutely LOVE it!!!
- You also really like to kick your feet! You really get going when mommy says "go, go,go" and moves your legs through the motion
- We've let you try out a few new toys...the exersaucer and bumbo. You're still not quit ready for them but you love being up and seeing everything thing, so we thought we'd give it a try.
- You love to be carried facing out so you can see everything
- You're getting better at holding your head up, but still get tired pretty quickly
- You love bath time so much and splashing that we moved you to the big bath tube. You just lay there kicking your feet the entire time!!
- You HATE tummy time and cry every time we try it....which is the complete opposite of your brother. You tolerate it best when you're laying on mommy, but even then get upset.
- You're definitely a mommy's girl these days...mainly because of how much time we spend together nursing
- Your spitting up has gotten a lot better, but just when we least expect it, you start back up again
- You're starting to get a sweet little personality...and it just melts our hearts (especially your daddy's)!
Another little comparison....
Ava at 3 months Owen at 3 months
Playing catch-up again! Ava Kate is almost 4 months but I'm just now getting around to posting her 2 and 3 month updates. I started the post a while back but never got around to finishing them. That seems to be a common thing with me since becoming a mother of two! Ha! Maybe one day I'll get it all together...but I wouldn't count on it!
Ava Kate at 2 months...
Things you're doing now....
- You weigh about 8 lbs
- You're still wearing newborn diapers but not for too much longer
- You are wearing mostly newborn clothes, but I keep trying on all your cute 0-3 month clothes and you're almost big enough
- You're still nursing most of the time, but you've starting taking a few bottles of breast milk!! This is really exciting for mom!
- You're drinking about 3-3.5 oz at each bottle
- You are not on any type of schedule
- You still like to eat every 2-3 hours
- You still wake up 2-3 times per night and the longest you've slept is 4 hours
- You're still a pretty fussy baby and like things done a certain way...such a diva already!!
- You love your car seat and I'm positive you would sleep all night if we would let you sleep in it
- You getting a little more head control, but you still have a ways to go!
- You're a lot more alert now
- You love watching your brother and he is so sweet with you. He loves to give you hugs and kisses
- You started smiling just a few days before Thanksgiving, but you still make us work really hard for it!
- You really like laying in Owen's bed while he's getting ready for bed at night...you're alway so content there
- You like you're paci, but not near as much as your brother did. You still have a hard time keeping it in and get mad when it falls out.
- You absolutely LOVE your lovies! You love to hold it with both hands and sleep best when it's over your face!
- You've started laying on your play mat and in your bounce seat, but you're not to sure about them yet. You just lay there and stare
- Bath time is one of your favorite things. It wears you out and you always take a nap afterwards, but you absolutely love it.
- You also really enjoy your massage after bath time. It's great bonding time with mommy!
- You are starting to lose your hair just like your brother did at this age. And it's always so spiky after bath!
- You don't look a lot like your brother, but there are a few pictures where ya'll look very similar because of your expressions. Here's one of you both at 2 months. Ava Kate on the left and Owen on the right.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Our little Hog Fans...
....cheering the Razorbacks to victory!!
Woo Pig Sooie!!
Cotton Bowl watch party...
little HOG fans in the making...
Harper and Owen...watching the game and snacking
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Our first new years eve as a family of four....
New Years Eve celebrations sure have changed over the years, but I wouldn't change a thing. We spent the day hanging out at the house and enjoying the abnormally nice weather!
Owen rockin' out with his new drums...for some reason he thinks he has to make this "rock" face every time he plays (love it!). I'm not sure how the safari hat ties in...Ha!
After breakfast and a concert from Owen, we headed outside for a stroll around the block...
getting pretty good at the bike thing...
more fun outside...
It was so nice that we decided to have lunch outside...
playing in the floor....my new favorite pic!
After dinner we made brownies to celebrate the new year...
a little nap before the new year...
Owen was really confused about why we were staying up late and watching a countdown. We tried to explain but he just kept asking why...he's new favorite question!
watching the countdown...
We got to West Memphis around 8:30 on Christmas night. Both kids slept on the drive from Mineral Springs and were ready to go when we got to Gigi's and Papa Bart's. Owen was soooo excited to show them all of the new toys!!
Showing Ava her new puppy...
Buzz Light Year to the rescue....
By the end of the night, Gigi's living room was covered with toys. Owen played and played all night until we finally made him go to bed so we could get up and do Christmas again the next day!
happy baby girl....
We celebrated Christmas with my family on Monday. We all slept in (as late a Miss Ava Kate would let us), had coffee and breakfast, and then Owen started passing out the presents.
Owen had to play with each gift for a while before moving onto the next....
He also helped Ava Kate open her presents
showing Ava her new toy....
....And Memaw too
opening presents wore Ava Kate out...
Josh's new toy... Santa must have known that mommy doesn't get to park in the garage anymore!
Owen was really excited that mommy got a new Iphone...so he could have her old one to himself!!
One of Ava's favorite toys....a peek-a-boo bear
Learning to ride his bike with a little help from Papa Bart....
Owen had a great time playing with Watson and Emma Gayle! The Hero Box and the Geo Track were a BIG hit!!
Ava Kate and Memaw
Christmas was fun, relaxing, chaotic, and exciting! We are so blessed to have been able to celebrate with all our friends and family!!