Our baby girl is growing up so fast! She has developed quite the personality and can light up the room with her smile! And...she officially has us all wrapped around her little finger, especially Owen!
Things you're doing now....
- You weigh 14 lbs 6 oz and are in the 90th percentile across the board
- You're wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers
- You're still drinking breast milk, but only nursing first thing in the morning and at night
- You're kind of on a schedule. You eat at 7, 10, 1, and 4 throughout the day and then wake up at least one time a night to nurse
- You typically go to bed around 9 and wake up between 6 to 7
- You're still sleeping in mommy and daddy's room at night in the co-sleeper
- You're a pretty happy baby...You like smile (with you're whole body) all the time
- You also like to laugh at mommy and daddy...but you still make us work for it! (we got it on video once so I'll have to try and up load it)
- You absolutely LOVE you're big brother and have him wrapped around your finger
- You love to watch Owen at all times and he loves to give you hugs and kisses!
- You have something called torticollis (meaning that some of the muscles in your neck are a little tight and make you hold your head tilted) so we're stretching you and helping you spend less time on you're back
- You've started doing a lot more tummy time and actually seem to enjoy it now
(this picture was from a few weeks ago when you were still having trouble holding your head up)
- You are such a Happy Girl in the mornings! You wake up with a smile on your face and are soooo excited you see us coming to get you!
- You're started trying to grab everything....and mommy's hair is one of your favorites!
- You're still lovin' you're paci! You've learned how to pull it out of your mouth but haven't quite figured out how to get it back in your mouth yet. You try over and over and over again until you get really frustrated and mommy, daddy, or Owen come to help
- Bath time is still your favorite
- You've really started to enjoy your exersaucer and have figured out how to push the buttons and chew on the toys
- You have started babbling and just recently started yelling/squealing
- You rolled over for the first time (from tummy to back) on your 5 month birthday!
- You still haven't figured out how to roll from your back to your tummy, but you're getting really close
- You LOVE you're Sophie! You would chew on it all the time if you could figure out how to get it in your mouth more.
- You were diagnosed with RSV on you 5 month birthday! (Owen had it too) You had a rough week with a snoty nose, congestions, a cough, and fever, but with some meds and lovin' we all made it through.
- The RSV zapped your appetite and personality, so we're just now getting "our" Ava Kate back
- You're starting to drool a lot and chew on you're hands all the time...so teething may be in your near future
- Your favorite toys right now are: Sophie, the cow, and anything you can get in your mouth
- You've started showing interest in food. You watch our every move at dinner and have started grabbing for mommies plate/fork when you're sitting in my lap. I think we'll let you try some cereal here in the next few weeks
A 5 month comparison....
Owen Ava Kate
Our little diva....