Ava Kate was 4 months old on January 27th! I don't know if it's lack of sleep or that we're chasing after two....but time really flies with the second kid! I can't believe that Miss Ava Kate has already been with us for 4 months!!!
The things you are doing now:
- You weigh around 14 lbs! We're not use to having a baby with "rolls" but we are absolutely lovin' it!!
- You're still wearing 0-3 month clothes but not for too much longer
- You have moved up to size 2 diapers but are continuing to have "blow out". Apparently the size of the diaper has no bearing on this situation. We've tried different brands and different sizes, but the "blow outs" continue! Ha!
- You're 4.5 oz bottles of breast milk during the day and nursing at night
- You're still not really on a schedule. You eat about every three hours during the day and about 2 times at night.
- You are becoming a better sleeper, but you still get up at least 2 times per night. You usually eat for about 10 minutes and go right back to sleep.
- You typically get up around 7:30 or 8:00, take about 3 naps per day, and go to bed around 9:30 or 10:00....but this all depends on your mood of the day
- You still sleep best in your car seat and I truly believe that you would sleep through the night if we would let you sleep in your car seat
- Current sleeping arrangements: Co-sleeper at night and your swing or your rock-n-play sleeper
- You have become such a happy baby. You typically only cry when you're hungry, tired, or have a tummy ache
- You smile all the time!
- You've laughed out loud 1 time for you daddy...mommy is still working on hearing those sweet giggles
- You LOVE your big brother! You're always watching him and smiling at him.
- Owen is sooo sweet with you. He loves to bring you all your toys (even through you can't play with most of them and they just pile up on top of you) and he's always giving you kisses
- You have started "playing" with Owen more and ya'll love to play in your crib. It just warms my heart to see ya"ll playing together
- You have found you hands and love to stare at them and hold them together like you're praying
- You've also started eating you fist and batting at your toy
- Bath time is still your absolute favorite...you kick and splash the entire time
- You've started cooing and mommy and daddy just love your sweet voice. I'm certain that you already have your daddy wrapped around your finger!!
- You've lost most of your hair and are looking pretty bald these days! Mommy tries to keep bows and headbands on you so everyone knows you're a girl!!
- You are loving your paci more and more each day... but still not as much as your bother!
- Keeping your paci in is quiet the chore... you seem to be trying to launch it as far as you can each time. We've started using your lovey to help you keep it in!!
- You've really started to enjoy your toys! You now bat at your toys hanging from the play mat and have managed to push a few buttons on your exasaucer!
- Owen also seems to enjoy all your toys (aka his old toys) and loves to "help" you play!
- You still hate tummy time and always start crying after about 2 minutes!
- You have a mild case of torticollis, so mommy and daddy have started stretching you and making you look to the right even though you don't like it.
Ava Kate and Owen at 4 months
....And I couldn't end this post without a pic of my little man