you are such a sweet, loving, caring, wild, rambunctious, strong willed, thoughtful little guy
....and we LOVE every little piece of you!!
Things you're doing now....
- You weigh 33 lbs and are around 36 inches tall
- You wear mostly 3T clothes, but still wear 2T shorts.
- You're now wearing a size 9 shoe... You definitely have your daddy's feet!
- You are doing really well with all things VLCAD. You're still at 22 grams of fat per day and taking 1 packet of MCT procal first thing in the morning and just before bed. You also take a multi-vitamin in the morning and a DHA supplement before bed.
Some of the funny things you're saying theses days....
- You ALWAYS say "Sweet dreams, I Love You, Okay" as we say good nite and leave your room
- You say "tomarno" for tomorrow, "underwared" for underwear
- You always want to play in the morning and always want mommy to play with you instead of getting ready. The other morning you asked me to play and I told you that I couldn't because I needed to get ready. Your response was "Yes you can mommy, you can do it, I know you can"
- You love to sing "Red Solo Cup".....thanks to daddy! You sing it all the time!
- If someone calls you pretty you ALWAYS correct them and tell them "I'm not pretty, I'm handsome"
- You always call people out when they say a bad word (or least the bad words you know....stupid and shut up) and it doesn't matter where we are!
- You recently started telling us that you want to drive every time we get in the car
- You also frequently tell us that "we need to go put gas in the car so we can go fast"
- You love strawberry slushes from SONIC and Jetty Punch smoothies from Tropical Smoothie Cafe!
- Noodles of any kind are your go to meal, but if we ask you what you want, you always say chicken and french fries!
- You have 4 favorite breakfast foods right now: low fat brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts, cereal (typically frosted flakes or special K with strawberries), reduced fat Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (which we are having a hard time finding right now), and blueberry muffins made with applesauce
- You've started expressing your independence in all areas of life. You want to dress yourself (which takes awhile and frustrates you when things don't go quiet the way you want them to), brush your own teeth, do your own hair, potty by yourself (but you still want us in the room), pick out your own clothes AND shoes, climb in the car and car seat by your self....the list goes on and on
- You have become such a big boy just in the last few months
- You love all the new things on what you call the "big boy" playground and fearlessly try them all!
- You're really into imaginative play right now and love playing in your "Hero Box" that Santa brought you for Christmas. The cook (aka chef) and Buzz Light Year are your favorite
- You also love going on Safaris. Mommy and Daddy put animals all around the house, you put on your safari hat, and we set out on a safari to see what we can find
- You really like playing with your cars and trains right now. You frequently have "car parties" (which includes you gathering ALL your cars in a big circle) and there is always a mommy, daddy, and baby sister
- Puzzles of any kind are always a big hit! You love, love, love puzzles and are getting really good at the hard floor puzzles. You'll spend 10 minutes putting one of the big floor puzzles together with just a little help, then you take it apart and immediately move on to another one
- You are such a funny little guy....you're always making us laugh!
- You have soooo many facial expressions. I really need to start documenting them...they're pretty funny!
- You love dancing to the "Gummy Bears" song and "Fireworks". You're dance moves are pretty funny!
We've tried to get your dancing on video (when you really get into it) but this is the best we have so far.
- You love playing out side! Feeding the ducks at the pond, playing t-ball and football in the front yard, riding your bike, going to the park, and jumping on the trampoline are a few of your favorites
- Your typical bedtime routine is: bath, storytime, and then bedtime around 9:00 (bedtime really fluctuates between 8:30 and 9:30 depending on whether you took a nap that day).
- At bedtime, you give everyone hugs and kisses and then either mommy or daddy stays with you to say your prayers and then pat you on the back for a minute or two before saying good night (or in your words "sweet dreams, I love you, okay")
- We have story time before bed most every night. You typically get to pick 3 books for yourself (unless they get taken away for not minding) and 1 book for Ava Kate. You always pick "That's not my Bear" for Ava Kate and tell us that it's her favorite....and I think you might be right!
- Every night before bed, you say your prayers "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the LORD my soul to keep, may GOD watch me through the night and wake me with the morning light". You recently started picking a few people to pray for each night...and you ALWAYS choose for Emmie! It's so sweet!
- You LOVE your baby sister and she absolutely adores you! You are always kissing her hands (the palm of her hands) and lovin' on her
- You're typically the first one at Ava Kate's side when she's upset and you've even gotten up in the middle of the night and come to our room to let us know that she's crying....You're such a good big brother!!