Ava Kate turned 6 months old on March 27th! Wow...time is just flying by!! I can't believe we've had our sweet baby girl with us for 6 months already!
Things you're doing now....
- You went for your 6 month check up on 4/2/12 and you weighed 16 lbs 13 oz and were 25.5 inches tall. That puts you in the 40th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight.
- You're wearing size 2 diapers and mostly 6-9 month clothes
- You're eating 5 oz bottles of breast milk every 3 hours throughout the day, typically at 7:00, 10:00, 1:00, 4:00, 7:00pm (baby food & bottle), and 8:30-9:00pm
- We've just added baby food to your feeding schedule. We usually let you try your food while we're all eating at the dinner table and then give you your bottle afterwards.
- You tried baby food (cereal) for the first time on March 25th and really seemed to like it! You're all about eating!
- You get really excited about eating but really mad when we don't it to you fast enough! Your expressions are priceless!!!
- You're such a happy baby now. You typically only cry when you're hungry or tired...or if Owen accidentally hurts you
- You laugh a lot....especially when we tickle your neck or your tummy!
- You've really found your voice over the past few weeks. You're not babbling, but love to squeal and have gotten pretty loud!
- You love your paci and are starting to figure out how to get it back in your mouth....you can pick it up, you make several attempts to get it in your mouth and have been successful a few times
- You love being outside! Your teachers at daycare say you're the happiest when you're outside playing on the screened in porch
- You also really enjoy our walks to the pond to watch Owen feed the ducks....you're very curious about the ducks and watch their every move
- You really like to watch Honey and love to pull her hear when you get your hands on her
- You've slept through the night a handful of times, but typically get up one or two times a night to eat...we would like to let you cry it out but we don't want you to wake your brother up.
- You usually take a bottle just before bed and then rock with mommy or daddy...it puts you right to sleep!
- Story time is one of your favorites!! You get upset if Owen and I start reading before you're in the chair with us!
- You absolutely adore your big brother and he LOVES you soooo much! Daddy and I love to watch ya'll play together! You just light up every time you see him!
- Bath time is your favorite! You usually take a bath with Owen and love to steal his toys...Lightning McQueen is your favorite!!!
- You've officially started teething! We can't feel anything, but you're chewing on everything and drooling all the time!
- You've started sitting up on your own, but only for a few seconds so mommy and daddy have to stay close by
- I put a bow on you everyday and you actually leave it on for the most part....unless you're in your car seat...and then you ALWAYS pull it down and wear it like a necklace
- Your teachers at school end up taking your bow off everyday. They say the other kids attack you trying to get to your hair bow.....but mommy still sends you in one anyway!
6 month comparison...
Owen Ava Kate
I think Ava Kate has a few pounds on Owen....Ha!