Miss Ava Kate turned 7 months old last friday, April 27th! She's becoming such a big girl and developing quite the personality!
Things you're doing now.....
- You weigh 18 lbs 1.5 oz and you're 26 inches long
- You're still wearing size 2 diapers but not for too much longer
- You're such a little rolly polly that you're wearing mostly 9 month clothes!
- You're eating more and more baby food. Your feeding schedule is something like this: 7:00am - bottle, 10:00 oatmeal and fruit, 12:30- bottle, 3:30 - bottle, 6ish - 2 veggies, 7:00ish -bottle, and typically another bottle before bed. All your bottles are 5 oz bottles of breast milk.
- You started sleeping in your bedroom right after your 6 month birthday....you sleep on your tummy with your paci
- You're still not sleeping through the night! You usually go to sleep around 8:30, wake up around 3:30 or 4:00am to eat, and then you're up for the day around 7:00. (this is our schedule on a good night...some nights you wake 2-3 times)
- You've started reaching for us when you want to be picked up....it's so sweet!
- You laugh a lot.....when we tickle you, when Owen's being silly, when we blow raspberries on your tummy, and when we "get" your neck....BUT you have also started fake laughing, especially when you want our attention
- You're babbling all the time
- You've started rolling all over the place
- You're sitting up by yourself, but we still put the boppy around you when we're not sitting right next to you
- You're pushing up on your arms, but still haven't figured out how to get up on your knees. We've gotten you on hands and knees a few times and you're not a big fan...but we're just fine with that, we don't want our baby girl growing up too fast!
- You love to play with Owen's toys....especially Lightning McQueen!
- You're hair has really started growing...it's really light and pretty thin so it you still look pretty bald. AND the little bit you do have...sticks straight up! Papa Joe has started calling you kiwi because of all your fuzz
- You've started holding your own bottle! Apparently you started doing this a daycare a while back and were just hiding it from mommy and daddy
- Bath time is still one of your favorites! You usually sit in your bumbo and spend the whole time trying to dive out of it for toys or Owen
- You really like to sit and play with the "busy basket" of toys....you love to pull all the toys out!
- Sophie is definitely one of your most favorite toys right now!
- You also really like your exersaucer and you're starting to figure out the walker, but you can only manage to get it to go backwards
- You're a really happy baby!
- You've become more and more curious about your surroundings...you're watching everything now
- You've noticed the writing on our shirts....and you like to try and grad it...especially the sun on mommy's work shirt
- You've definitely started teething and you're chewing on everything! We still can't feel anything but I'm sure you'll have some teeth popping through soon
- You have found your feet and LOVE to play with them
7 month comparison....
Owen Ava Kate