Our baby girl turned ONE on September 27th! It's crazy to think that a year ago we were praying over her as a tiny baby in the NICU. We are so blessed to have a healthy and happy little girl with quite a personality. She is so much fun right now...I wish we could stop time and enjoy her at this age forever!
Things you are doing now....
- You weigh 21 lbs, you're 29.5 inches tall, and have a head circumference of 17.5 inches....which puts you in the 75th percentile for each
- You're wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 3 shoes
- You're still in size 3 diapers...and have decided that you absolutely hate getting your diaper changed! You try everything you can to get away from us, so diaper changing has become quite the challenge
- You still only have your two bottom teeth, but the top right tooth is about to come in and we can see a few more on the top they are getting close
- You've started wearing shoes to school since you are in the big girl class room now. You weren't a fan at first ( you actually screamed and cried when I put them on you).
- You're still not walking, but you love to walk if someone will hold BOTH of your hands. You are constantly grabbing BOTH of our hands to help you walk and you will NOT walk with just one hand held.
- You've taken a few steps between people but sit down quickly when you realize whats happening
- You have become quite the little mama and love rocking your babies! It's so sweet to watch!
- You have moved to the big girl car seat and absolutely love it! You love sitting next to Owen and looking out the window...You think you are soooo big!
- Bath time is still your absolute favorite! Most nights you get upset with me because I cant get you in the tub fast enough
- You like to read books on your own or with Owen, but you're not much for sitting in mommy or daddy's lap to read
- You love being outside! The neighborhood playground is probably your favorite, but you also like bouncing on the trampoline, riding in the push car, and going to the pond to watch Owen feed the ducks!
- You have a few words.....dada, bye, that "da-at"! But you always lets us know what you want by pointing and grunting!
- You are still a mommy's girl for sure....but Owen is a close second! You light up the minute he walks into a room, you love to follow him wherever he goes, and you love to play with whatever he's playing with....which means we are starting to have sibling tifs over sharing toys!
watching cartoons together while mommy gets ready...
- You love to eat and will eat most anything. Your favorites right now include: Ritz cracker, sliced deli chicken, cheerios, cheese, bread, apple slices, apple sauce, yogurt, waffles, and blue berry muffins
- You have become Miss Independent when it comes to eating and no longer like for us to feed you. You want us to put everything on your try and let you eat it with your hands...lets just say meal time is quite messy these days!
- You have discovered the candy bowl. You don't really know what it is but you like all the colorful packaging and love to take all the pieces in and out. When you disappear for a minute, we always know where to find you!
- You have become a little more independent with playing by yourself, but you still prefer for someone to be sitting with you or holding you. I think you may be a little spoiled!
- You went to your first Razorback game this month. It was really hot tail-gaiting so you weren't too excited about that, but you were a perfect angle during the game!
- You are into everything these days! Getting into the tupperware....they make for great drums!
- You LOVE playing with Owen and want to do/try everything he is doing!
A 12 month comparison....
Owen Ava Kate
I think Miss Ava Kate is a spitting image of her big brother!!