Wow...the past 6 months have flown by! Owen is growing up so fast. He's now weighing in at 14 lbs 4 oz! That's right...he has officially moved into the 14 pound range! Yea!!
For a while now, Owen has been having digestive issues where he throws up every 2 days. We originally thought it was because of our strict feeding schedule and that we were just feeding him too much. But after playing around with his fluid intake, we realized that he's just not able to completely digest his formula. So, after talking with our nutritionist we have started Owen back on a small amount of breast milk. The doctors seem to think that Owen can tolerate the extra fat from the breast milk because he doesn't exhibit any of the cardiac issues associated with his disorder. They also think that the breast milk will help him digest the formula better. We made this change about 1.5 weeks ago and it seems to be helping. He's only thrown up 2 times and has started gaining weight! So hopefully this change will continue to be successful and our little man will move up to 3-6 month clothes!!
- You are still wearing size 1-2 diapers
- You're still wearing 0-3 clothes, but hopefully not for long
- You weigh 14lbs 4 oz
- You are eating 4.5 oz bottles every 3 hours during the day and 3 oz bottles at night
- You've started eating baby food at your 7 o'clock feeding...carrots are you're favorite so far
"Green beans are gross!"
- You still don't like the texture of cereal...you will only take it if we put it in your bottle
- You typically eat at: 8am, 10:30, 1:00, 4:00, 7:00 (baby food & bottle), 10:00, and 4:00
- You are sleeping in your bed all night, but we still have to get up 1-2 times a night to give you your paci and 1 time a night to feed you
- You're really good at rolling over now
- You love playing on the floor
- You've started sit up by yourself, but mommy and daddy have to be close by because you fall over a lot
- You've started pushing up on your hands and knees...you rock back and forth & push yourself backwards...I think you'll be crawling soon!
- You smile all the time and are laughing a lot more
- Your new favorite toy is your giraffe teething toy, but you still love your cow and dinosaur
- You still love playing in your exasaucer
- You are figuring out how to move your walker, but I'm not sure you realize what your doing
- You love bath time...this is usually your's and mommy's time because it's hard for daddy to lean down in the bathtub
- You're growling and babbling all the time now....your favorite time to do this is during the prayers at church
- You like to play in your highchair beside mommy and daddy while we eat dinner
- You love to be outside
- You've officially started teething...I can't really feel anything yet, but you are chewing on everything and fussing until we give you teething tablets
- You've noticed Honey (our dog) and love to watch her when she's around. You also love to grab her hair!
- You've started drinking you're juice from a sippy cup. It's just a training sippy cup but you're starting to figure it out