Thursday, February 5, 2009

32 Week Appointment

We had our 32 week appointment on Tuesday. Since Josh is in New Orleans all week for work, I went to this appointment alone. Once again, I only gained 1 lb bringing my total weight gain to 28 lbs. My belly measured around 31 weeks and Owen's heart rate was in the 130s. According to Dr. Birch, Owen is head down and has started dropping.

Owen has become more and more active. I'm not sure how he can make such big movements and be crammed in such a small space. His new favorite thing is kicking me in the ribs when I'm at work...I guess he gets a little squished when I'm leaned over working with the kids. Over the past few weeks I've had more braxton hicks contractions, where my whole belly tightens up for about 20-30 seconds and then goes back to normal. The night leg cramps have also become more frequent. So between the leg cramps, Owen kicking, waking up to change positions, and getting up to go to the bathroom about 3-4 times a night, I'm not getting much sleep.....Just one of the many joys of pregnancy! Ha! Overall, it's been a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I just hope it stays that way since I'm planning on working up until delivery. Only 8 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Ahhhh...I remember the leg cramps. Meant to tell you, I started sleeping with my legs elevated at night around this time. I put a pillow under my knees,and another under my feet. Increased my water intake as well. This made a world of difference in the cramps!

Caleb, Emily, and Lily said...

The joys of pregnancy!! I can remember those well. It is hard to believe that it is almost time for Owen to be arriving. You will experience alot of things from here on out that will catch your attention and make you wonder what was that!! Hope all is well! See you soon!