Wow...this month went by fast! Owen is already 10 months old. He is soooo much fun these days and has developed quite a little personality...
Owen is getting so big...you definitely can't tell he ever had trouble gaining weight. At his most recent weigh in, he weighed 19 lbs 14 oz and was 28.5 inches. He almost weighs enough to ride in his big boy car seat! I can't believe how fast the past 10 have gone by...he'll be 1 before we know it! We've already started preparing for his first birthday by learning how to bake low fat/fat free cakes. Wish us luck..at least he doesn't know what cake is suppose to taste like!
Things you're doing now....
- You are wearing 6-9 and 6-12 month clothes
- You wear size 3 pampers during the day and size 4 up and ups at night (they are the only ones that keep you from wetting the bed)
- You are officially walking...you've taken about 8 really good steps at a time, but you like to dive forward when you get close to mommy and daddy
- When you're cruising, you like to let go and take off after whatever catches your eye
- You are falling a lot these days...you're constantly getting bumps and bruises
- Your top right tooth finally came in! You had a runny nose, fever, and were really fussy for about a week before it finally broke through
- You are completely off of baby food and only eating "real" food...you really really like to eat now. Your appetite amazes mommy and daddy and it's definitely helping you pack on the pounds
- You like to yell at mommy and daddy if we don't get your food to you fast enough once we put you in your highchair
- New foods you're eating: bread, turkey, fat free cheese, yogurt, diced fruit, fat free fig newtons, pasta pick ups, and rice are just a few. The fig newtons, cheese, and bread are your favorites
- You've tried rasberries and blue berries but weren't a huge fan...we'll keep trying!
- You are drinking out of a sippy cup during the day and a bottle at night
- You still love bath time and are now trying to climb in the bathtub by yourself. You also really like the basketball goal in the bathtub and have figured out how to dunk your bath toys
- You are looking more and more like your daddy everyday
- You love to raise your arm (like you have a question) to show us what you want
- You like reading books with mommy and daddy before bed but you make it really hard for us to read because you are always opening and closing the books
- You have learned to point...you like to point to all the animals in your "100 First Animals" book
- You are into everything and love to climb
- You are learning what NO means...When you do things like try to get in the fireplace, play with cords, or hit mommy's computer, we tell you NO and then redirect you...you cry for a second and then go right back to whatever it is you are not suppose to be doing
- You have become very vocal over the past month....you say dadadada ALL the time. Sometimes it sounds like you are saying Hi Dad!
- You have started going to the nursery at church. You really liked it but mommy and daddy were sad to leave you, although I'm pretty sure you never realized we were gone
- You really like to blow raspberries with your tongue when you are walking around.
- You smile all the time and are laughing a lot more...especially when mommy and daddy tickle you
- You like to play hide and go seek with mommy when you're in your walker...you have figured out all the places I hide and get really excited just before I jump out and say BOO...it is so funny, we've tired to get it on video but you stop playing every time you see the camera
- You and Honey are big buds...You like to lay on her bed, pull her hair, talk to her, give her kisses, and look out the window at her when she's outside