Our baby girl was two weeks old on Tuesday! Wow, the past 2 weeks have flown by....
Miss Ava Kate,
the things you're doing now....
- You spend most of your day sleeping, but you're starting to stay awake for longer periods...especially about the time mommy and daddy are ready for bed
- You're breastfeeding every 2 to 3 hours during the day and every 30 to 60 minutes at night....I'm not sure why you like to "snack" at night but we're definitely going to have to work on this!
- You're still learning how to take a bottle...you've actually taken 1 oz, but you weren't able to keep it down. This is another thing we'll be working on!
- You're back up to your birth weight of 5 lbs 8 oz
- You are wearing premie clothes and premie diapers (that still need to be folded)
- You're 19" long which makes dressing you a little tricky. You need to wear premie clothes because you're so little, but you can't wear footed premie clothes because you're too long.....so you typically wear gowns or onesies
- You also have the tiniest little head, which is the complete opposite of your big brother. Lets just say... you have a lot of head bands and hats to grow into!
- You only cry (which is still pretty quiet) when you're hungry, but you're a pretty loud baby. You are always grunting and squeaking!
Owen at 13 days old and Ava at 7 days old...
See any similarities???
Ava also had her 2 week well child appointment on Tuesday. Over all it was a great appointment. Her bilirubin dropped from 12.2 to 11.7 in a weeks time and she had gained weight!! Yay!
our little wiggle worm....
Ava weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz....she is officially back up to her birth weight!!
Dr. Froman called about Ava's newborn screen results that were still not in. She was unable to get any additional information, but we are still hopefully that we'll know something by Friday. At this point, it's looking like we might find out the results from the cord blood before the newborn screen....